Your Child’s environment should ensure his sleep zone facilitates sleep.
To create a calm peaceful ‘Baby Sleep Zone’ include the following:
- Darkened room, (though child may prefer dim light)
- Close curtains during nap time
- Avoid glare from hall light, window
- Encourage use of ‘sleep friends’ such as favourite cuddly toy
- Avoid bright colours on the walls. Muted colours work best
- Avoid wall murals, posters
- Don’t hang clothes on door. Can appear threatening (scary) in the dark
- Avoid play zone in the sleep zone. This avoids confusion
- Keep cot, bed away from plug points. Remember safety.